This policy applies to information the Company collects:
- On the Website (including desktop and mobile versions).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
- When you interact with the Company's advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including the Company's affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including the Company's affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.
Important: Please read this policy carefully to understand the Company's policies and practices regarding your information and how the Company will treat it. If you do not agree with the Company's policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this policy and consent to the Company's collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this policy. The Company may change this policy on one or more occasions. The Company will consider your continued use of the Website after the Company makes changes as your acceptance of the changes, so please check this policy frequently for updates.
1. Are minors welcome?
The Website is not intended for anyone under 18-years old. You will only access the Website or register for an account if (1) you are at least 18-years old and (2) have reached the age of majority where you live. The Company prohibits all persons who do not meet the age requirements from accessing the Website. Minors must not access the Website or use its services.
The Company does not collect or solicit any information from anyone under 18-years old or allow people under 18-years old to register for the Website. The Website and its content are not directed at children under 18-years old. If the Company learns that it has collected personal information from a child under 18-years old, the Company will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that the Company might have any information from or about a child under 18-years old, please contact the Company at [email protected]
Section 230 Notice: In accordance with 47 U.S.C. § 230(d), you are notified that parental control protections (including computer hardware, software, or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. You may find information about providers of these protections on the Internet by searching "parental control protection" or similar terms. If minors have access to your computer, please restrain their access to sexually explicit material by using any of the following products, which the Company provides for informational purposes only and does not endorse: CYBERsitter™ | Net Nanny® | CyberPatrol | ASACP.
2. What types of information does the Company collect about you and how is it collected?
The Company may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your photograph, username, password (encrypted), email address, date of birth, or any other information that the Company collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under law ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, including your age, gender, location, sexual preferences and any other optional information you provide about yourself; and
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
The Company collects this information:
Information You Provide to the Company
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the Company's business partners.
The information the Company collects on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filing in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of signing up for an account, purchasing credits, purchasing a gold membership, or requesting further services. The Company may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or a service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact the Company.
- Your responses to surveys that the Company might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your requests. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website. Please note that the Company itself does not process credit cards, and the Company does not collect or store complete credit card information. The Company relies on trusted third-party payment processors, providers, and gateways to process transactions for the Website. The Company does not have access to your complete credit card information.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed ("posted") on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "user contributions"). Your user contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may be able to set certain privacy settings for this information by logging into your account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, the Company cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Thus, the Company cannot and does not guarantee that your user contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information the Company Collects through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, the Company may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device's telephone number.
The information the Company collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but the Company may keep it or associate it with personal information the Company collects in other ways or receives from third parties. It helps the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing the Company to:
- Estimate the Website's audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, thus allowing the Company to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies the Company uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe's website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website (and the Company's emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/.
The Company does not collect personal information automatically, but it may tie this information to personal information about you that the Company collects from you which you provide to the Company.
The Company does not control third-party tracking technologies or how third parties' use them. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
3. How does the Company use your information?
The Company may use the information that it collects about you or that you provide to the Company for any of the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Website.
- To enable you to access and use the Website, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on, and sharing content.
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices.
- To send transactional messages, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Website, and other illegal activities.
- To personalize the Website content, features, or advertisements.
- To enable you to share content with users you designate.
- In any other way the Company may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
The Company may also use your information to contact you about the Company's own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want the Company to use your information in this way, please send the Company an email at [email protected]
or log into your account and adjust your notification settings. For more information, see What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information.
The Company may use the information it has collected from you to allow the Company to display advertisements to its advertisers' target audiences. Even though the Company does not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
4. With whom does the Company share your information?
The Company may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The Company may disclose personal information that it collects, or you provide as described in this policy:
- To the Company's subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties the Company uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them.
- To payment-service providers to (a) process payments; (b) prevent, detect, and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; (c) facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and (d) for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit or debit cards. The Company may share your credit or debit card number with payment service providers or card networks to monitor card transactions at participating merchants and track redemption activity for the purposes of providing card-linked services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website's users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. The Company contractually requires these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them. For more information, see What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Company when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
The Company may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. When you put information about yourself on the Website, what do the other users see?
To make sure you get to meet as many people as possible, other users get to see your username and any information you post on your profile, including photos. Any information you choose to provide should reflect how much you want other users to know about you.
The Company recommends and encourages you (and all users) to think carefully about the information you disclose about yourself. The Company does not recommend that you put email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, full name, postal address, credit card details, national identity numbers, drivers' license details, or other sensitive information in your profile, which is open to abuse and misuse.
Please be careful about posting sensitive details about yourself on your profile. While you may voluntarily provide this information to the Company when you create your profile, including your sexual preferences and ethnic background, there is no requirement to do so. Please remember that photographs that you post on the Website may reveal these kinds of sensitive personal data. Where you do upload and choose to tell the Company sensitive information about yourself, you are expressly consenting to the Company processing your information and making this public to other users.
When you post information about yourself or use the messaging system, the amount of personal information you share is at your own risk. If you post anything that is inconsistent with the Terms of Service Agreement, the Company may terminate your account.
6. What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information?
The Company provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding its collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update, and delete your account information.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters.
- You may choose whether to receive offers from the Company.
- You may choose whether you receive targeted advertising from the Company or its third-party advertising partners.
- You may ask for a copy of all the data the Company stores about you. If you wish for a copy of your data, please send an e-mail to: [email protected] or login to your account and select "Send me a copy of my data" The Company will send all the data within 7 working days.
7. How do you access and correct your information?
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate and up to date by logging in to your account. For other personal information that the Company holds, the Company will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that the Company correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if the Company is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. The Company may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
If you delete your user contributions from the Website, copies of your user contributions might remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Website. The Website's Terms of Service Agreement govern proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including user contributions.
8. How does the Company protect your personal information?
The Company has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to the Company is stored on its secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the Company has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The Company asks you not to share your password with anyone. In addition, the Company urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like your profile. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
No Security Guarantees. The transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. Although the Company does its best to protect your personal information, the Company does not guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website or guarantee against all unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
9. Where is your personal information kept?
This policy is intended to cover collection of information on or through the Website from residents of the United Kingdom. If you are visiting the Website from outside the United Kingdom, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the Netherlands where the Company's servers are located, and the Company's central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the Netherlands and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that the Company seeks to take reasonable steps to make sure that your privacy is protected. By using the Company's services, you acknowledge that your information may be transferred to the Company's facilities and those third parties with whom the Company shares it as described in this policy. When you provide personal information to the Company through the Website, you consent to the processing of your data in, and the transfer of your data to, the Netherlands or any other country in which the Company or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers host these services.
10. Do Not Track Policy
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference that you can set in your browser. DNT is a way for you to inform websites and services that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. The Company is committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information it collects and that is why the Company provides you the ability to opt out. But the Company does not recognize or respond to any DNT signals as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT. For more information, visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
11. General Data Protection Regulation
On May 25, 2018, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) becomes officially operative. General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 is a European Union law governing privacy and data protection for all residents of the EU. The provisions of GDPR can be also applied to how data is processed and verified outside the European Union.
GDPR is intended to empower the citizens of the European Union to control their personal information. In accordance with the applicable laws, users are authorized to access and modify their own data held by the companies, which includes data collection, ad tracking, surveys, cookies, location data, and every other bit of a user's "digital footprint". Users are also entitled to transmit their personal details to other organizations. The GDPR also enforces companies to determine their in-house data security policies.
We maintain our commitment to protect the privacy of our users and abide by the legislation of all regions we operate in, including compliance with the GDPR.
Taking into account the above, personal data (if any) of our users is processed under the "purposes of legitimate interests" as outlined in GDPR Article 6(1)(f). Such an approach also helps us to fight against fraud and reimburse our contractors and agents. In accordance with the GDPR requirements, we will strive to, at any time, (i) streamline the data handling controls, (ii) specify our relationships with data partners, and (iii) provide the data subjects with an understanding and direct management of the way their personal information is used.
You have the right to access information, which is held about you if exercised in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If you want to request a copy of your personal information, please email the Company at [email protected] To learn more about the GDRP, visit https://www.eugdpr.org/
12. GDPR measures
As a Processor by the classifications of GDPR, we cooperate with our partners (Data Controllers and other Data Processors) to make sure any kind of user data is handled under the agreed terms and in compliance with the pertinent regulations.
As a Controller by the classification of GDPR, we have the appropriate technical and organizational measures in place ensuring that data processing is performed in accordance with GDPR. Such measures will be reviewed and updated if necessary and in accordance with the specifics of the gathered data.
Data Security: We have assigned a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who can be contacted at [email protected]
Data Retention: We will retain the gathered data for the period of the cooperation, but in no case longer than the maximum allowed by the existing legislation, unless you choose to withdraw it yourself.
13. Requests and removal of the data
You (data subject) may send official requests to us regarding your personal data via email to the following address: [email protected]
At any time, you have the right:
- To access your personal information that we hold;
- To request the rectification of your personal information that we hold;
- To request the erasure of your personal information that we hold;
- To request to restrict processing of your personal information;
- To object to processing of your personal information by us;
- To request to transfer your personal information that we hold (e.g. data portability);
- To file a complaint to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction; and
- To withdraw any consent related to your personal information given by you.
- Your request will be executed no later than 30 (thirty) days from the initial request receipt but we will do everything possible to process it within the first 48 working hours.
- Should a data breach related to your personal information occur, we will notify the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours thereof.
14. Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that the Company is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those other websites. The Company encourages its customers to be aware when they leave the Website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
15. No Rights of Third Parties
This policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Website.
16. Dissemination of Information
Your Personal Information will not be shared unless we have first given you notice that we might share your data, and you have authorized us to do so. The Company receives information from you and other individuals who use the website (Advertisers and Partners) and have the right to use this data (sometimes, in connection with Non-Personal data), but is generally prohibited from sharing this information with other companies or people.
Your Non-Personal data will not be linked with your Personal Information or be shared, unless we have given you notice as described above and you have given us authorization to do so.
Although most changes are likely to be minor, the Company may change this policy on one or more occasions, and in its sole discretion. The Company encourages visitors to frequently check this page for any changes to this policy. Your continued use of the Website after any change in this policy will constitute your acceptance of the changes.
18. Contact Information Data Controller
To ask questions, a copy of your data or comment about this policy and the Company's privacy practices, you may contact the Company at [email protected]
3011AA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Categories and purpose of data we collect. Download the PDF here.